All of our doctors will help you deal with acute and long-term health problems and illnesses. This will always involve advice on how you can help yourself, sometimes it will involve treatment in the surgery or medication, and at others referral to local hospitals may be necessary.
Patients can see the doctor of their choice and for on-going and long-term health problems it is usually best to see the same doctor. However, when you need to see a doctor urgently it may not always be possible to see your usual doctor.
To book an appointment, please either:
- Click on the link at the top of this page to book your appointment online (please note you need to register to use this service with the practice; see below for more details)
- Call reception on - 02476381999.
- Visit reception in person.
Please note that each appointment is for one problem only; if you have multiple issues that you need to speak to the doctor about please book more than one appointment.
We make every effort to keep appointment times but there may be occasions when they overrun.
Helping the Appointment System Run Smoothly
- If you are unable to keep your appointment please notify the surgery as soon as possible by telephoning reception. Please remember that if you cannot make an appointment someone else could
- One appointment is for one person. If you want another member of your family to see the doctor or nurse, please book a further appointment.
- When arriving at the surgery for your appointment, always inform reception
- Sometimes people can forget to tell the doctor all the important information about their problem. It may help to write their symptoms down.
- If you don’t understand what the doctor or nurse says to you, please don’t be afraid to ask for a further explanation.
- It can sometimes help to have a partner or friend with you.
- If you are seeing the doctor to discuss the result of an investigation or a recent hospital treatment, check with reception first that any important results or letters have been received. This can be done by telephoning the surgery AFTER 11:00am on weekdays.
- Appointments are not for completion of insurance forms or renewal of sickness certificates. Please contact Bernie on 02476381999 for more information.
- If you would like a chaperone please speak to reception on your arrival.
Arriving late for your appointment
We understand that patients sometimes cannot help being late for an appointment.
To enable the surgery to run on time, if you arrive 5 minutes late for an appointment, the Doctor will be happy to see you but you will have to wait until the end of their surgery.
If you arrive anything after 5 minutes unfortunately the Doctor will not be able to see you and you will have to re-arrange your appointment for another day.
To request a telephone consultation with a doctor or nurse please telephone the surgery on 02476381999 and a receptionist will arrange for a doctor or nurse to call you back.
If for any reason you will be unable to take the call, please notify the surgery as soon as possible so a call back can be arranged.
Booking an Appointment Online
This service is available for appointments with a doctor, but not with a nurse. Before you can start booking GP appointments online you must first register for this service. For more information on how to register please click here.